Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Easter Miracles

4/21/14

Hello family and friends! I hope that you all had an amazing week and an amazing Easter.

I know that I did! I loved this Easter. It was a fantastic day! Sister M. Silva and I experienced more milagres here in São Luiz. Yesterday depois Sacrament meeting, we had a special Easter baptism! The mother of Sarah (our first baptism here in São Luiz) called us on Wednesday morning just to tell us that she wanted to be baptized. What?! This was an amazing event, because she had just decided the night before that she wanted more time. She knew that this was the true church, but she didn´t feel ready for baptism. When she called, she told us that she hadn't slept the whole night... She said that she had been thinking and praying about all the things that we said to her the night before, and she said that she was ready and she wanted to be baptized. What a miracle! I´ve never had one of those experiences on the mission where someone calls you because they felt that they needed to be baptized. I love the mission! I love this area! 

 
 

It´s so fantastic to witness these families coming together and receiving the blessings of baptism.

I hope that you all have a fantastic week. Remember the importance of baptism. It really is a covenant that we make with the Lord to keep his commandments and help one another. When we make this promise with the Lord, we can receive all the glories that he has, and we can be blessed to live with our families for ever. Remember the covenants you made at baptism, and continue diligently to do your best.


I love you all!


Sister Emily Stevens

  

No comments:

Post a Comment