Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Oh How Lovely Was the Morning...

4/14/14

What a wonderful week! I can´t believe how fast the time is passing by, and that it´s p-day, AGAIN!

I´m still loving my area, and i´m loving the new change of weather. It´s cooling down just in time for Pascoa (Easter). All of the stores have these huge chocolate eggs hanging from the ceiling. And hopefully i´ll avoid eating fish this week... There are a lot of Catholic traditions here, so I know for sure that I won´t be eating much meat.

Sister M. Silva and I had the most amazing miracle this week! We had 4 baptisms on Saturday morning.

The day was perfect. It was rainy, but by the time everyone had to go to church for the baptism, it cleared up. We had 8 people dressed in white, it was amazing. I felt so happy, I couldn't stop smiling! 

   









Here´s a scripture that describes perfectly what I´m feeling:



15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!



I´m so happy here! The Lord is placing people in our path every day. Just today the boy at the McDonald´s counter (yes, we ate McDonald´s), asked us if we were from the church, and he said that he would love to receive a visit. So many times the Lord´s elects look for us, we don´t even have to search for them.

I want you all to know that I love you and miss you. But mostly I want to encourage you to seek for missionary opportunities. Pray for someone to visit. Invite a friend to church. Be a good example in all times. Just open your mouth! The Lord is preparing people to except the gospel.

Feliz Pascoa! Happy Easter! Don´t forget the importance of this wonderful holiday!


Love, Sister Emily Stevens

  

No comments:

Post a Comment