Thursday, April 10, 2014

:)

4/07/14

General Conference was AWESOME, wasn't it?! What a great week, and weekend. Sister M. Silva and I have been trying our best and working our tails off here in São Luiz. We´re seeing success, and we have various baptism marked for this Saturday.

We've been trying various things to help strengthen our ward here. We've been having weekly ward activities, and English class, and working a lot with the young women and ward members. It´s been great to work along side the members and actually feel like they´re willing and ready to help.

I love this area, and I love the people! And finally, i´m starting to feel like a real missionary. I can speak and explain and teach without many problems. It´s amazing to see how much has changed in just 7 months on the mission. You know what? It´s actually hard for me to speak in English... I´m teaching an English class every week, but you should hear how slow I speak! Not because I´m trying, but because it´s actually hard to formulate sentences! Even now when I´m writing to you, I´m thinking in Portuguese.

I loved Conference! There were so many great talks, and it´s amazing to hear the words of the prophets. I had the chance to watch conference in English with several of the other English speaking missionaries, so I loved it even more!

I hope that all is well with everyone back home! I love you all and miss you!

Don´t forget that we are part of the true church of Jesus Christ. We have the power to change the world, but only through Christ like love. Love your neighbor, love your friends, love your family members and love God. If we have this love in our hearts we will truly have the ability to change the world.

Have a perfect week!


Sister Stevens


Here are some pics from this last week. President and Sister Wright, my zone with our title of liberty, conference, cake and reunions with old companions.
 




Oh and I cut my hair...or rather my companion cut my hair




No comments:

Post a Comment