Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Another Day, Another 100 People to Talk to

3/31/14

Hellllllloooo People!

What a week! It was awesome, it was hard, it was full of miracles!

First I had a beautiful day at the temple with my new companion. It was fantastic!



 We had lunch at Outback with the Elders from our District. It was crazy expensive, just so you all know. Definitely not the kind of place for missionaries! Especially when the waiter thinks that it´s appropriate to call you "baby..." Oh my... The adventures that we live on the mission.

The week was hot again, but we tried our best to teach. Sister M. Silva was starting to get sick, so I felt bad for her. But she´s an amazingly hard worker. She´s awesome!

We had a baptism planned for Saturday for a 15 year old girl named Sarah Diogo! She´s so amazing!

We met her the week before, and she had already been going to church, she was reading The Book of Mormon, and she had already received an answer and decided that she wanted to be baptized before we ever met her. Talk about golden! I love Sarah, So this Saturday we had a fantastic baptism for her. With a special musical presentation, brownies and all! And according to all the Brazilians that ate my brownies, I have been told that "I can marry!" Woohoo! It´s just a saying here. If you can cook something good, they say, "Pode casar," You can marry.


 


By the time Sunday came around, Sister M. Silva and I were trying to reach the goals that we had made for the week. We were behind by a landslide... Everything was against us. None of our investigators were at church, it was starting to rain (I didn't have my umbrella), and we had almost a hundred contacts to make, and a bunch of lessons with members that we needed to teach. AND we only had 3 hours to do it. Why 3 hours? Because we were stuck at lunch for hours(please remember missionaries only have an hour for lunch/dinner), and we had to go to the stake center for the women´s conference that night. We were swamped, and only a miracle would help us. Let me just tell you, about 5000000000 miracles happened. It was amazing! First of all, the last hour of church (when we have sacrament meeting) 7 investigators showed up (2 of which said they wanted to be baptized), the rain stopped, we had two sisters that wanted to go on splits with us, and we found a park with an incredible amount of people. That´s only a part of everything. But it was miraculous! I love how much the Lord helps us. I had already given up on our goals, when the Lord said, "NOPE! Here´s 7 people at church, oh, and I made the rain stop so you can make your contacts, oh, and I touched the hearts of two of the sisters at church, and they really want to help you reach your goals this afternoon..." It was amazing! I love life on the mission.

Anyway, things are great! I love this area! I feel like the Lord is literally throwing people in our path. It´s amazing! I know that the gospel is true! And I love all of you! Don´t forget to help the missionaries! They love all the help they can get! Be concious of their schedule. They have a lot of plans, and a lot of the Lord´s children to help. Oh, and don´t be afraid to help them teach. All they need is support and your testimony!


Have a perfect week!


Love, Sister Stevens




No comments:

Post a Comment