Monday, October 21, 2013

Que Coisa Boa

HEEEEELLLLLLOOOOO!!! How are you doing in the real world?? Is the government back in action? Are you all alive out there? I haven´t heard from some of you in a while, so it makes me wonder...

Anyway, this week was full of coisas boas! Good things. First off, I have to say that I´m beginning to understand a lot more when people speak to me. Miracle! Now, my Portuguese on the other hand, still isn´t so great... but let´s not get into that right now...

Second, the people here are awesome! We had a ward activity on thursday night, and it was so fun. It´s nice to do something a little bit different every now and again because the mission is always so repetitive. Oh, and we also had a youth activity on Saturday. I LOVE the youth! They are hilarious! And they think I´m hilarious because my Portuguese is so bad! But hey, sometimes you´ve just gotta roll with things. I may stink at Portuguese, but at least I make people laugh!

Third, the Elders had FIVE baptisms last night. It was AMAZING! People from two different families. One new primary child, three new youth, and a new member of the Relief Society. Que coisa boa! The spirit was amazing last night during that baptism. I admit, I almost cried... It reminded me that this is the purpose that I´m here in Brazil. To find the people that are ready to accept the gospel and follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. Now, I just need to work a little harder to find those people. They´re here, I just know it!

Oh, I can´t forget to mention my really ridiculous mistake the other night...

SOOOOOOO, as you all know during the Fall we set our clocks back an hour for day light savings. Well, Brazil does the same thing. So,on Saturday night my companion reminded me that we I needed to change my clock. I was so happy! I would get to sleep an extra hour. And I admit, I went to bed a little bit later than normal because I knew there was a time change... I was getting stuff done, don´t judge!
Anyway, so morning time rolls around, and for some reason my room is super bright at 5:45 am... and for some reason my roommates and companion are up and being really loud... OH. MY. GOSH. I forgot that the seasons are the opposite in Brazil! My clock was 2 HOURS off! I had 15 minutes to get ready for church... And let me tell you, I really needed to shower... But I just didn't have time. I felt so gross. And to top it off, it was around 35 degrees celsius. We were cooking! Oh the things I do... Living in a different county is an adventure, that´s for sure.

Anyway, this week was full of good things! Santa Cruz is beautiful. You smell churrasco in the air every day. It´s pretty much heaven. Now, I just need to find the people that are ready to accept the gospel in their lives. It´s been a heck of a time finding people with genuine interest here, but I know that miracles can happen, and I feel some miracles coming pretty soon.

I love you all. I miss you often, but I´m here for a purpose. I know that God loves all of His children. I know that He wants all of us to live worthy to return to live in His presence again some day. I know that the path to be worthy is through the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Have a perfect week!

Sister Stevens


No comments:

Post a Comment