Sunday, November 3, 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away


I hope that all is happy and well in the good ol' U.S. of A. While you are all enjoying the lovely Fall weather, think of me. I´m sweating like crazy over here! Summer has begun, and let me tell you, it´s not gonna be very pleasant. Also, I hope that you´re all enjoying bucket loads of Halloween candy, because here they don´t celebrate Halloween! How sad!

This week was full of fun, laughter and LOTS of rain. It rained EVERY DAY! And not just a little bit of rain. I´m talking lightning, wind and probably tornadoes (but I´m not super sure about that one). I had many a Marilyn Monroe moment this week... It was hilarious!

So, Sister Barros and I tredged and tredged in puddles, clapped at every door, and somehow miraculously managed to teach 25 lessons this week despite the pooring rain. A miracle, a miracle!

Our little branch is growing slowly but surely, and I feel like one of my purposes here is to help strengthen the branch. We have a hard time getting help from the members, but I've been making a lot of friends with the youth and the primary children (even though the primary kids can´t understand a thing I say!). So, we´re trying to get the youth more involved with the work. We need the help of members, because if the members don´t get involved then all of our investigators and new members will fall through the cracks as soon as us missionaries are transferred.

Yesterday I gave a talk in the Branch about missionary work, and this week we have a branch council meeting. Sister Barros and I are going to stress the importance of members and missionary work.

I love this area and I want to see it grow and grow!

Anyway, time is short and I have a lot to do, but I hope that everyone is happy and healthy!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! They mean a lot to a missionary far away from home.

I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and on the Earth today.

Sister Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment