Monday, August 25, 2014

6 More Months to Live

8/11/14

Hellllooooooo!

How is everyone doing this fine Monday afternoon? I just realized that as of today I have exactly 6 months left of the mission. I will be returning home and stepping my feet back in the good ol' USA on the 11th of February 2015. It´s so crazy to think that i`ll be coming home so soon. But anyway, This week was a great one. We had the privilege of going to Porto Alegre for a mission tour. Elder and Sister Leal of the seventy came and gave a conference for all of the missionaries. It´s always amazing to spend time with the other Elders and Sisters and learn new things. I love being on a mission, because I feel like I've learned and grown so much spiritually and mentally.

This week was full of the same old same old. But Sister Sallum and I are really doing our best to apply the amazing things that we've been learning and start some miracles up in this sad little town!

We learned a lot about faith and obedience this week. When we really trust in the Lord and do all that we possibly can to be righteous, the Lord will then bless us with miracles. But if we feel like we´re asking the Lord something with faith and it doesn't come to pass, many times it´s because we´re not really in accordance with the teachings of God. Because like the scriptures say, "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say, but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise." But the only way that blessings (and miracles) are predicated in our lives is upon our obedience to the laws of God.

So many people ask and complain and wonder and say, "Why hasn't God blessed me? I´m a good person, I do this, I do that..." But since we believe in a perfect God, he literally can´t bless us completely without our obedience. We have to obey all the commandments, not just some if we want miracles to happen in our lives.

I´m grateful for my new perspective this week. I feel like I´m getting to a new level of spirituality that I didn't really know was possible for me, but is! It´s so cool how much you learn and change and grow on a mission.

I´m so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I know that this is the only true church on the face of the Earth, because we only have one God, we only have one Christ and they only have one path. This is the same path that leads us to Eternal life and happiness, and we can only find that true path in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know these things are true, and I know that you can know through prayer, scripture study and going to church. These three fundamental things bless us with the spirit of the Lord, and lead us to his true path.

I hope that you can all learn this for yourselves, and that you can gain a testimony of these things. There only exists one church that is true, because Jesus Christ only established one church that was true.

I love you all, and I hope you have an amazing week!

Love,


Sister Emily Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment