Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Special American Talents

Wow, what a week it has been! The heat is really picking up and we're on the run trying to help out all of our amazing investigators. We've been teaching various families around here, but unfortunately most of them need to get married before they can prepare for baptism. The families that we're teaching are fantastic and I've never felt so much love and gratitude from so many amazing people. There really is nothing more gratifying then when somebody tells you how much your presence as a missionary means to their family, and how much of a difference you make.

It makes me think of the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 18:

13. And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth!




14. Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people.




15. And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!




16. And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

I am so happy here on the mission! I feel so much joy from helping these people know and come unto Christ!

But some other things that were going on this week. So, Sister Horn and I are Americans, right? So sometimes it causes a bit of attention...haha. Our neighbor works at a school where she teaches Portuguese, but her really good friend is an English teacher there. They asked us if we would be willing to come to the school and do a presentation about American culture this past week. So Sister Horn and I decided why the heck not, and accepted the offer! Let me just say, it was the coolest, funniest and best experience ever! These kids just loved us! They asked questions, we made contacts, we developed good community relations, and we received references.

Man, we were celebrities! haha You've probably even seen the pictures on facebook already...haha But the best part of all were the three youth that ran up to us on the street yesterday because they remembered us! It made it all worth it. The whole experience definitely opened up a few doors for the missionaries in the future.

But anyways, I'm doing very well. Sister Horn and I are trying to use our "unique" American talents to bless the people here in Sapiranga, and I'm loving life.

I hope that you are all doing well, and staying strong!

Love you all!



Sister Stevens




No comments:

Post a Comment