Saturday, December 13, 2014

It's Been a Hard One

11/24/14

Hello family,

Last week was the week of transfers, and I have to say, it was the longest week of my life. I got a new companion, and we were sent to open a new area for Sisters. We´re in the City São Leopoldo. It´s huge here... My companion is yet again American. Her name is Sister Phillips and she´s from California. She was a visa waiter for 14 months in the Washington Tacoma mission, and she arrived 4 weeks ago here in Brasil. She´s actually going home with me in February. We´re living in an old apartment that years of elders destroyed. We're living with two other sisters, Sister Cabrera from Uruguay, and Sister Veñuela from Argentina. 



 They´re a lot of fun. Ever since we arrived here, something has broken daily. First Sister Cabrera´s study desk broke on top of her, then the door in the kitchen almost fell on top of Sister Phillips. Then the microwave stopped, I broke a glass cup in the kitchen, and the armed chair fell out from under Sister Cabrera... She fell through the chair... Oh, and Sister Viñuela´s bed got soaking wet one day when it rained..

At least this area has a bright side, the ward. The ward is awesome. They´re a lot of fun and the bishop lives in the same apartment complex and always makes us pizza. 

Our first day. Pizza from the Bishop
 

Sister Phillips and are are trying a lot to find the inactive members in the ward (there are over 1000 of them...) and we´re knocking a lot of doors.

It´s been a trying week, but everything will work out. Now we've gotten to know a bunch of members and they´re giving us a bunch of references. So, it´s great.

But I´m getting excited and nervous because I only have 11 more weeks on the mission. It´s gonna go by so fast. Oh, and just so you guys know, next week I´ll be going to the temple, so I won´t write until Tuesday.

I love you all and I´m excited to see you all when I get home. :)

Sister Stevens


Old pic from Sapiranga. I love this couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment