Saturday, December 13, 2014

Sister Stevens a Aventureira

11/17/14

Ola família e amigos,

While all of you are drooling over my cute little niece, I've been working and sweating here in Sapiranga. It´s been an amazing transfer with an amazing companion, great experiences, difficulties and friendships. But sadly I will be transferred tomorrow morning to a new area in Missão Brasil Porto Alegre Norte. I´m not sure where I´ll go. I´m not sure who my new companion will be, but I´m excited to be leaving to start a new experience and see where I´ll be spending my Christmas!

I actually really like that our mission is always moving and changing. It´s weird to always pack your bags, but I´m a free spirit, I like change. I´m an adventurer! Another missionary shared a really "hippie" scripture with me the other day in Abraham 2:


15 And I took Sarai, whom I took to wife when I was in Ur, in Chaldea, and Lot, my brother’s son, and all our substance that we had gathered, and the souls that we had won in Haran, and came forth in the way to the land of Canaan, and dwelt in tents as we came on our way;

16 Therefore, eternity was our covering and our rock and our salvation, as we journeyed from Haran by the way of Jershon, to come to the land of Canaan.

That´s right, I've become a hippie; always journeying. But unfortunately I haven´t had a chance to dwell in any tents yet! Sometimes I think a tent would be better than a missionary apartment though...

It´s really cool to just travel around, always meeting new people, knowing new places, seeing what God had created and what He does in the lives of other people. Knowing their experiences.

I feel blessed for this great "journey" that I´m on, that´s called a mission. For the chance to go from house to house to bless the lives of those who will accept and live the gospel of Jesus Christ.

D&C 75,




18 Yea, let all those take their journey, as I have commanded them, going from house to house, and from village to village, and from city to city.

19 And in whatsoever house ye enter, and they receive you, leave your blessing upon that house.


I love you all and hope that you will let these great journeyers, the missionaries, enter your houses. That you and your families may be blessed.

Have a perfect week! And just remember, only 12 more weeks...

Tchau, 

Sister Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment