Thursday, January 1, 2015

Merry Christmas!

12/22/14

Wow, What a week.

Christmas is getting ever closer, and the inner child in me is getting excited. Even though it´s hot and nasty here and doesn't feel very much like Christmas.
The work is going well, and Sister Cabrera and I almost had a beautiful Sunday afternoon baptism... Until a rain storm decided to come in and the Church didn't have any water to fill up the font. Like good missionaries, we tried to make it happen anyway. We had somebody´s pool all lined up and ready. But we all know how hard the adversary works when you have a baptism and it didn't end up working out. The rain wouldn't stop and the family decided to wait until the next week.

But other than that, we had a great week. One of our investigators marked a day to be married! Yay! She´s going to get married on January 22nd and baptized on January 24th! I´m so excited! It´s so great to see how the Lord is preparing his children to accept the gospel and the commandments. I just hope that I can stay here next transfer to be here for her baptism.

Speaking of transfers, next week is transfer day... I think that I might go, but we´ll see what the Lord has in store for me. I only have 7 more weeks... Wow... It´s getting close. I have a lot more work to do and only a little more time.

But anyway, I love you all and I wish you a very merry Christmas! Full of cold, hot chocolate, Christmas music, and the love of Jesus Christ.


Love,

Sister Stevens


"At all times and in all places..."  Making contacts on the street with a bus accident and ambulances in the background... I had no idea that my companion was taking a picture.  


No comments:

Post a Comment