Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Last Transfer

12/29/14

Wow, what an amazing week and a great end of the year. It was amazing talking to the family on Christmas even though we had problems with the sound and I couldn't hear you guys for a while! Makenzie is so stinking cute! I can´t wait to hold her in a few short weeks.

This week was great. Sister Cabrera and I were blessed with many miracles and the best of all (other than talking with our families) was our baptism yesterday afternoon! After a few weeks teaching David, he was baptized. He´s an 11 year old young man. We´re teaching his family, and he decided that he wanted to be baptized rather than waiting until next month when his mom would be baptized too. It truly shows the great faith that many children have. Next month his mom and step dad will be married and then his mom will have the chance to be baptized too. I´m so excited for that! They´re an amazing family! 


 

Sister Cabrera and I are excited to work our tails off for the next 6 weeks here in São Leopoldo. Yep, that´s right, I´m surprisingly not being transferred this time. But President has released the 2 of us as Sister Leader Trainers. Yay, a break before I "die!" It was awesome to be given the chance to be Sister Leader Trainer, I learned a lot from all of the Sisters and the leadership meetings, but now Sister Cabrera and I will be able to save a lot more money and work a lot more in our area! We´re definitely gonna need it this transfer, especially with 2 marriages and lots of baptisms! It´s gonna be the best end of the mission transfer ever!

I hope that you all had an amazing Christmas and that this week's New Year´s celebrations are safe and fun. I love you all, and I´m getting excited to see you all soon... Well actually, I´m excited and scared! But I´m sure I´ll get over the scared part after a while!

Tchau, até o próximo!


Sister Stevens

Christmas Eve

  
Christmas Eve


District Meeting Christmas morning

 
Christmas lunch with the Goncalves family

Mamai Alzira Noel

  
Christmas lunch

 
Feliz Natal with Sister Cabrera







No comments:

Post a Comment