Monday, February 2, 2015

Mawwiage is What Bwings Us Togeva Today!

1/19/15

Hello family and friends!!

It´s been another great week here in the South. Sister Cabrera and I are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. We have so much to do and so little time! Last week we found an amazing new investigator. Her name is Pamela and she´s 13 years old. She went to church yesterday for the first time, and also a family night at the Gonçalves house in the evening. She´s really special. We taught her a few times this past week and she told us about her experience when she prayed about our message. She said that she prayed after we taught her the first time, and that she didn´t feel anything... But then she decided to pray again the next day to ask the Lord if this really was His church. Pamela told us that when she prayed the second time, she felt something different, and she felt a desire to cry. It was so cool to hear her talk about the experience that she had and recieved because of her faith. It really impressed me, because there are so many people that we encounter throughout the days that are so closed off that they won´t even accept the offer to say a simple prayer... And here we are with a 13 year old that had enough faith to ask God 2 times if our message was true, and if this really is his church. Sister Cabrera and I will visit her again tonight and challenge her to baptism. I pray that everything works out. She´s a great youth!

This week Sister Cabrera and I have our first wedding! The couple will marry on Thurday at the courthouse, and we´re planning their reception for Saturday night. And then the real "big day" will be on Sunday when Viviane gets baptized!!! She´s so excited for her baptism! And you know how it all happened?? Because she was invited by her nephew to watch the primary program at church! Her first Sunday going to church was also our first Sunday here in São Leopoldo. She loved the church so much, and she felt something special that day during the primary program that she wanted to keep coming back over and over again! She´s amazing! It´s also amazing to see how inspired children can be... A simple invite from a child will bless the life of this family...

I´m so excited for this week! I know that it´ll pass by fast because of all the excitement. Unfortunately. My time is getting dangerously close to the end... So close that I got my itinerary in my email today. I´ll be flying in on the 12th. But at least I´ll be ending my mission on a lot of great notes! There can´t be anything better than weddings and baptisms!

Anyway, I love you all and i´m excited to see you all again soon. 


Love,

Sister Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment