Sunday, July 6, 2014

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

6/23/14

Hellooooo my friends! I hope that you´re all doing well!

So, yesterday I heard that the USA was winning the game, but then Portugal made a goal at the last minute... BOOOOOOO!! I really don´t care very much about soccer and The World Cup, but it would be nice for the USA to win a bunch...ya know, while I´m here in Brasil.

This week we had interviews with President, Divisions with the Sister leader trainers, rain, and vomit! Woohoo!
This is the second time here in Lajeado that I've had a nice case of the vomits... It was a pleasant 10 month anniversary for me. I threw up a bunch and I slept all day. So overall, it was good. But my companion is the best! I didn´t even remember that it was my 10 month anniversary, but when I left the room, I saw a cute little note that she made for me. She´s always so thoughtful!

This week we tried our best to work hard, and the hard work really paid off. We taught a ton of people this week, found a whole bunch of new investigators, and we found a family that´s been inactive for at least 14 years. The son is 18, and I know that if he comes back to church, he´s going to be an amazing missionary. They invited us over for lunch this week. I´m super excited to see them again.

We had another miracle yesterday as well. Our awesome friend Cibele who hasn't been to church for the past 14 years went with us to help the group in Encantado! She loved it. She´s left the church 14 years ago after she got home from her mission, and we've been working with her for at least a month. She finally returned! It was such a great day!

Anyway, I want you all to know that I´m doing well. I´m not throwing up anymore! haha I´m happy and things are looking up. We´re helping a lot of families return to church, which makes me really happy. They need the blessings of the gospel.

I hope you all have a perfect week!

Love,

Sister Stevens







No comments:

Post a Comment